Owner is sad to let his 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack muscle car go, but he has had his time with it. This is not a car for storing in a garage and showing it off. This is a get-in and Drive vehicle, made for a great time and to enjoy driving it. Very Sad Owner is retiring and moving out of the US in the near future and can’t take it with him, so Muscle Cars World wanted to showcase it.
Built out of a labor of Love for over 12 years, this is a very rare, very desirable, street usable and fully restored classic muscle car. This is a Fully Resto-Modified, custom, one-off, Grade 1 to 2 Hi-Performance Show stopper. This is a E86 code car upgraded to a E87 – 505 CID Six Pack recreation R/T . Numbers matching ( Fender and Windshield tags only, no build sheet) except for the Engine.
While it is always garaged and covered, this masterpiece was Built to impress and built for adrenaline pumping, spine thrusting speed. Most importantly, it was restored to be able to enjoy driving it. Why buy one of these wonders of the 70’s – Detroit made muscle cars only to pay a lot more for a perfect ‘original’ configuration, only to put it in a ‘museum’ if you can’t drive it? These cars were meant to ‘DRIVE’. You’d better be in a sociable mood when you drive this head turner!… it is absolutely amazing to look at and equally impressive to enjoy is hearing the ultra low frequency growl of the 650 + horse power blowing sweet tunes on the 3 “ dual exhaust system pipes and out the 3” Chrome tips… it turns heads by it’s sound alone. Click on Read more!
With the highest quality of P & G paints, it is recently (2011) beautifully completely hand craft repainted all around ( truck to door frame and engine compartment) with the factory original ‘FC7’ Plum-Crazy Purple topped off with 8 coats of clear coat giving it a mirror like finish. It sports detailed customized white ‘race’ side stripping and white hood customized painting- sporting the ‘R/T’ logo, add in a tasteful gloss metallic black rear accent deck color, white vinyl top with gorgeous white interior and black carpet and you have a guaranteed head turner. It has fully restored Original colored and period specific textured white bucket seats, with the shifting console sporting the original slap stick automatic shifter.
To keep your eyes on what matters, the Original Rally instrumentation cluster now has a new Mopar 10k RMP electronic Tachometer and of course , the all important 150 MPH Speedometer. Connecting you to all this power we have upgraded the steering wheel from the old clunky wide original design to a state-of the art Grant comfort wheel with and integrated keyed wheel removal locking system that makes it so you can remove the steering wheel completely making it impossible to ever drive it off. More effective than any Low-Jack system.
In the event you want to make this car even faster, the wheel has two nicely recessed buttons for future NOS or Turbo activation built into the wheels edge. This beauty has some monstrous power under the customized Hi-performance flow through vented hood. We have built this up to a full race specification with a new engine short block coming from the factory, Mother Mopar herself and with less than a thousand miles on it, starting with a 505 CID short block that has been bored, stroked and balanced and set to 10.25 compression pistons, so with regular or with premium ( 91) gas, she behaves very well. Bolted to it are some (P4876386) Mopar Stage 3 – CNC Ported/ Intake Matched and polished Aluminum Cylinder heads with a 2.25” Intake and 1.81 inch exhaust valve set.
On top, are some Crane Roller Rockers and upon some Crane Roller hydraulic tappets which are commanded by a Competition Cams- racing Cam dialed in to a 480 max lift ( .320 @ 0.05) blessing it with a quite ‘sweet sounding lopeyness’ (230 @ 0.05)280 duration. The Cam selection was engineered to produce the maximum power curve starting at 3200 RPM where the Stall Racing Torque converter and the vacuum secondary carburation of the six pack were all dialed in at 3200 rpm range which give you that warp drive kick in the pants that makes your hands shake with adrenaline. Not for the faint of heart !
Once the engine and tranny were completed, this car was dynanometer carburation / timing tuned and tested and dialed in for 548 Horse power at the wheels under a full 5500 RPM load. The ET Speed was measured to be 10.25 seconds in the quarter mile.
Some other build details are:
· A 9 quart Moroso Oil Pump with a Hi-volume / Hi –pressure Oil pump.
· A high performance vicious damped certified harmonic crank balancer
· Firing off this rocket , there is an MSD – 6AL electronic ignition system powering the MSD hi-performance RB pointless distributor. All engine wiring has been completely replaced in this effort.
· Powering the K & N covered intake manifold are original Holley 350 and 500 CFM carburetors that were modified with Pro comp billeted metering plates and other go fast goodies giving the engine, when in Warp drive, a combined total of 1350 CFM of air and fuel.
Note: For maximum air flow, there is no choke on this setup so starting it up when cold requires more fuel and attention to starting it up by the driver. And there is more !…
· Ceramic coated aluminum 3 inch Hooker ‘Super-Comp’ headers with a A/F ratio bung sensor plug ready for a sensor.
· Edelbrock aluminum dual plane hi-rise intake manifold
· Edelbrock aluminum Water pump
· Race modified Torqeflight A727 transmission, race modified with race clutches and other goodies including a B&M Transmission shift / valve body kit with a 6 Quart aluminum finned and drain plugged oil pan, shifts faster than any stick. Will chirp in the first two gears. Inline oil filter cooler.
· New 18 Gallon Gas Tank with new – ½ “ stainless steel fuel lines and a very quiet Holley racing fuel pump with a tank and inline filter.
· Viscously coupled cooling fan and dual 16” electric auto-temp switched fans in front of the extra large radiator.
· Front and rear sway bars with new rebuilt front end section with a short ratio steering box / pitman arm for tighter control at higher speeds.
· 10 inch front disk brakes and rear drum brakes
· 3.52 inch rear gear ratio differential with a racing pinion snubber firmly attached to prevent rotational rear axle spin. Traction bars are available and included – just not installed.
· All Ornamental placards, lenses and bumpers and chrome items are new old stock ( NOS) or equivalent.
· Radiator and heater hosing is braided.
· Original Rally wheels are available and it now has chrome period specific Centerline brand wheels on all four wheel.All mounted wheels are ‘Centerline’ brand. The rear tires are well connected to the road with a 13. 5 inch B.F. Goodrich Comp TA Drag Radial hybrid. It is – P325/50R15… Part for track, part for street. Normal 15 x 8 P215/65R15 on the front wheels.
· 6 leaf Super-Comp rear leaf springs.
· Built to US Specs ( Y05) and manufactured in Hamtramck, MI, USA in 1970 on Assembly line number 2
· All rear, front and running lights and covers are NOS ( New Old Stock) and look near perfect. All new Chrome or polished stainless trim.