1972 Pontiac GTO Coupe Hardtop With Extensive Restoration could be found over the guys at Fast440. The extensive restoration was performed in 2005-2006, and the foundation of this build was an exceptionally solid and well preserved original. The Sheet metal was pristine, so none of it was replaced. This badass muscle car is factory equipped with a 12-Bolt Posi-Traction Rear Differential, Power Steering, Power Brakes and Ram Air, plus many more!
Other things well worth mentioning include a receipt for a professionally rebuilt 32-Spline Muncie M-22 Transmission, and a Centerforce Heavy-Duty Clutch was added. The tasteful Foose Wheels and Nitto Extreme Tires were justed added to the car and are very fresh. As far as cosmetic restoration performed, the pictures speak for themselves. Many Trim items were replaced, and Paint and Body work is of exceptional quality and Muscle Cars World know this.
Rare to see one with such history on paper, and this includes PHS Docs, Build Sheet, original Window Sticker, manuals and more. Receipts 1972 – 1980 before the car was restored, and approximately 35k in receipts for the restoration. Pontiac afficiados love documention, so guys don’t forget to click on Read more for many photos and specs!
Performance Upgrades now include:
- Date Code Correct YS Block 400 C.I.D Bored .060 over (Pro-Built by Hood Performance of West Plains MO.)
- 11:1 Compression (runs on Pump Gas)
- ESP Pontiac Crank
- Ross Racing Pistons
- Competition Cam with a 290 Lift Duration
- Competition Push Rod Set
- Competition Lifters
- ARP Main Stud Bolts, Head Bolts, Rocker Stud Kit and more ARP products
- Milodan High Volume Oil Pump
- Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake Manifold
- 750 CFM Carburetor
- MSD 6AL Ignition and Billet Aluminum Distributor
- Electric Cooling Fan